sks-devel

[Sks-devel] sks.ustclug.org dns resolve problem this month

From: SJ Zhu
Subject: [Sks-devel] sks.ustclug.org dns resolve problem this month
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:35:29 +0800

Hi all,

A slave dns server of sks.ustclug.org is down for maybe half a month. I
was not aware of this problem, since the master dns is still alive and I
did't feel it in the daliy usage. Usually as long as there is one dns
alive, you can still resolve the domain. But it will take more time and
may cause timeout. So I guess the timeout is the reason sks.ustclug.org
is failed on the pool status.

I'm going to refactor the dns facility this month, but I don't guarantee
it will finish one or two days. So you may still get some timeout error
when resolve sks.ustclug.org

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Shengjing Zhu, address@hidden