sks-devel

[Sks-devel] SKS Keyserver and BerkelyDB

From: Petr Kubat
Subject: [Sks-devel] SKS Keyserver and BerkelyDB
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 11:26:30 +0200

Hello everyone,

I am the maintainer of Berkeley DB packages in the Fedora Linux distribution and would like to discuss some issues with the current upstream versions of BDB since your project is also using it. I hope I am in the correct channel to talk about things such as these. If not, please point me in the right direction.

With the license of Berkeley DB version 6 having changed to a more restrictive AGPL license, which is legally incompatible with most of the projects currently using BDB, Fedora's long term goal is to get rid of BDB completely. As sks is one of the projects still dependent on BDB in Fedora, I would like to ask you about the status of BDB in the project.

Do you have any plans to migrate to a different back-end or will you be staying on an older BDB release for the time being?

Thanks,
Petr Kubat