sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Running SKS keyserver on dynamic DNS

From: Pete Stephenson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Running SKS keyserver on dynamic DNS
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:47:11 +0200

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/27/2016 09:42 AM, Pete Stephenson wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> We've had those before, but it is explicitly restricted in the pool
>>
>> Restricted in what way?
>>
>> Do you mean that IPv6-only servers are specifically limited to the
>> ipv6 pool, or that they're flatly prohibited from membership in any
>> pool?
>
> The latter

Out of curiosity, why?

I would think that IPv6-only hosts could be limited to the IPv6 pool,
and thus not cause any issues to IPv4-only or dual-stack users.

I know several VPS hosting companies that charge extra for IPv4
addresses (or, on occasion, charge less if one opts not to get an IPv4
address), so having a system with IPv6-only connectivity may
potentially become more of a thing going forward.

Cheers!
-Pete

--
Pete Stephenson