sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] hockeypuck

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] hockeypuck
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 15:20:03 -0500

Hi Malte,

On 05/04/2015 01:16 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hockeypuck sounds really good, but did anyone find a way to get the complete
> source code over HTTPS?
>
> When I block outgoing port 80, './scripts/gpm install' hangs for me :-(

Thanks for trying out Hockeypuck. From the looks of it, you've gotten
hold of Hockeypuck 1.x.

I'd recommend starting with Hockeypuck 2.0-b2[1], it has many new
features and bugs fixed. Even though it's "beta" it's probably more
stable than 1.x at this point and will get a final 2.0 release soon. I'm
really not too keen on supporting 1.x, other than for building a solid
migration path to 2.x.

Source code downloaded with 'go get' gets requested over HTTPS. However,
bzr does an unencrypted http POST as part of its smart protocol, which
will hang if you lock down port 80 (props for that, btw).

I'm happy to discuss Hockeypuck over at hockeypuck-devel[2]. Don't want
to take sks-devel any further off-topic.

Best,
Casey

[1] https://hockeypuck.github.io/
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hockeypuck-devel