sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] normalbuild segfaults

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] normalbuild segfaults
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 10:01:01 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> I tweaked it with "-n 64" (the machine got 32 GB of RAM). Sorry for not
> paying due diligence when reporting, but that should still not crash the
> process, or should it?
>
> It crashes after the output of "Loading keys...done" with values "-n 18" and
> up.

I can see some functions that are not tail recursive¹ and could cause
some out of memory condition when “-n” is too big. We should probably
fix this. In the mean time check that your stack allocation is not
overly restrictive (ulimit -s).

¹ get_keys_rec
(https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/src/40280f59d0f503da1326972757168aa42335573f/build.ml?at=default#cl-52)
  add_keys