sks-devel

[Sks-devel] keyserver.pch.net updated

From: Ashwin Jacob Mathew
Subject: [Sks-devel] keyserver.pch.net updated
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:45:59 -0700

keyserver.pch.net was first set up using Hockeypuck, since we were
interested in developing the capability to run real-time reports of
various sorts, including web of trust queries.

However, we found Hockeypuck to be unstable as we increased the number
of peers: it typically crashed with an out of memory error within a few
hours of startup, on a VM provisioned with 8 GB of memory. It's entirely
possible that this was a configuration error of some sort on our part -
your mileage may vary.

In consequence, we've shifted away from Hockeypuck to run SKS 1.1.5
behind an Apache reverse proxy. We still plan to run Hockeypuck, but
peering only with our SKS instance.

I apologize to our peers for any instability on keyserver.pch.net. It
should be more stable from now on.

Ashwin