sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] HKP Spec Progress

From: Daniel Roesler
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] HKP Spec Progress
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 15:56:25 -0800

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there anything requiring a formal spec for HKP for it to be taken
> into consideration? It is fairly well documented in the behavior of
> reference keyserver (SKS) and client implementation (GnuPG)

I'd recommend emailing Stephen and Kathleen, the Security Area
Directors for IETF (http://tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/wiki), and ask
what we need to do to form an hkp working group. I'm guessing the
charter of the working group would be to make an RFC for HKP, HKPS,
and HKGP (or whatever the gossip protocol will be called).

Also, found this thread in gnupg-devel, where they discuss picking the
HKP draft back up.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/openpgp/current/msg07081.html

-Daniel