sks-devel

[Sks-devel] redirect http to https?

From: Jonathon Weiss
Subject: [Sks-devel] redirect http to https?
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:39:04 -0400

So, a user suggested that we should redirect all http connections to
https.  The user was clearly confused in a number of ways about how the
keyservers worked, and his specific examples of why it was important
were incorrect.  That said, there's clearly at least a little value in
pushing people toward encryption.

So, I was wondering.  Has anyone done this?  Are there concerns about
(non-browser) clients using hkp but not supporting re-directs or hkps,
who would then be unable to use our server?  I suppose I could consider
leaving port 11371 as is, but force re-directs on port 80.  That would
probably satisfy the clueless masses on the internet, but would it
eliminate any risk of breakage?

        Jonathon

        Jonathon Weiss <address@hidden>
        MIT/IS&T/O&I  Server Operations