sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Keydump

From: Frank Villaro-Dixon
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Keydump
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:42:49 +0200

On 14-07-14 09:00:17, Henning Kopp, wrote 0.9K characters saying:
Is it possible to get a keydump of all gpg-keys? Are there any usage
restrictions? What would the size of the data be?
Someone just launched it's service some days ago. You can fetch them there:
http://key.bbs4.us/dump/
I think that the dumps are around 6Gb, now. Am I right ?
I would say that as the keys are public, you can (try) to do what you want with them, but I'm not a lawyer, so… ^^

They tried
some trivial factorization methods, like computing gcd, etc. and had
success. Also many of the keys were the same due to embedded devices,
having not enough entropy.
I want to do the same or something similar on gpg-keys. Do you know
of any research which was already done?
That seems interesting, although I don't think it would work with PGP keys, but that's just a gut feeling, nothing scientific ;).

Good luck to you,

Cheers,

Frank

--
frank.villaro-dixon.eu       - PGP: 6F36914A
Envie d'électricité 100% verte ? Enercoop.fr