sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] old certificates

From: Nat Howard
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] old certificates
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:20:14 -0400

On Apr 29, 2014, at 6:52, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> A quick scan of certificates used by current HKPS pool members
> shows that the following servers have pre-heartbleed certificate:

> keyserver.witopia.net                 Nov  7 22:13:57 2013 GMT

> I bet at least one third of these servers is affected by
> Heartbleed Bug. :-) However I cannot figure out which of them.
> I ask everybody to declare if they did not use compromised version
> of openssl since the start of validity period of certificate.
>
> Gabor

Hi, Gabor — from the time keyserver.witopia.net was created, it was running an
old version of freebsd9, and thus a 0.9.8-something version  of openssl, so it
was pre-heartbleed.   Phew!

Let me know if you need this signed by any other alias (such as nth at witopia
dot net) and I’ll be glad to send you something direct.