sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] (no subject)

From: Stephan Seitz
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:17:57 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> I have a new keyserver running and would like to peer with other
> servers. Please add me to your 'membership' file with the following
> entry and provide your details in return so I can do the same:
>

> pgp.2280.net 11370 # Andrew Stothard 0xB68898B4

I've just noticed, that your proposed ports 11371 and 11370 are not
reachable from my site, unfortunately I'm unable to add your host as
peer.

// Recon
# telnet -6 pgp.2280.net 11370
Trying 2001:470:1f09:8dd::3...
Trying 2001:470:1f09:8dd::3...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Address family not supported
by protocol

# telnet -4 pgp.2280.net 11370 <-- this one works
Trying 82.71.212.10...
Connected to pancake.2280.net.

// HTTP
# telnet -6 pgp.2280.net 11371
Trying 2001:470:1f09:8dd::3...
Trying 2001:470:1f09:8dd::3...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Address family not supported
by protocol

# telnet -4 pgp.2280.net 11371
Trying 82.71.212.10...

Well, the reconciliation port could be firewalled for hosts not listed
in your membership file.
The HTTP port instead should be reachable for anyone if you intend to
get your host added to the pool.

Cheers,

- Stephan