sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Peering status of limited peers

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Peering status of limited peers
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 04:08:50 -0400

On 2013-08-12 at 20:00 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
>   http://people.spodhuis.org/phil.pennock/tmp/sks-degree7.png
>
> It's 4035x2505 and very readable.  600kB.
>
> Nodes without a non-zero keycount are dropped.  Edges which are not
> mutual are dropped (you only really peer if both sides agree you peer);
> thus there's a bias against recently added peerings, if one side does
> not have stats being regenerated after adding peers.
>
> Nodes with a green border have at least 7 peers.  Nodes with a red
> border do not.  I'm not debugging what happened to stinkfoot.org right
> now.  The only edges shown are those where at least one of the nodes is
> coloured red.

I realised later that night what the black border means: it means that
the host has no valid peerings, so a colour is not set.

So:
 * stinkfoot.org
 * keyserver.novomundo.com.br

do not have any functioning peering relationships and are not getting
PGP key updates.  Indeed, you can see the complete absence of updates
on:

  http://stinkfoot.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats
  http://keyserver.novomundo.com.br:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

Both servers list peers, but none of those are shared peering
relationships.  Thus stinkfoot.org is 25k keys behind and
keyserver.novomundo.com.br is 250k+ keys behind.