sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Submitting keys via email

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Submitting keys via email
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 05:09:25 -0500

Stefan Parviainen wrote:
> On 06/29/2013 01:17 AM, Phil Pennock wrote:
>> If you're modifying code to add support for this, you should consider
>> just adding keyserver support, it's a very simple HTTP POST and there
>> are resilient pool addresses to help.

> That would be the ideal, of course. However, while the code is open
> source, it does look abandoned, and time does not permit me to
> investigate this option further at the moment. I'll take a stab at it
> sometime later.

Which code is that which looks abandoned? I know mine isn't. I believe
keyserver.linux.it runs the same PGP-EKP package that Peter Pramberger
created. I've added a few enhancements and had a couple people volunteer
additional translations since then.

>> If you're doing things manually, then you just insert the ASCII-armoured
>> key in the body of the mail and send it to the relevant email address.
> Hmm, I'm afraid this won't help me then, because it needs the key in the
> body of the email, not as an attachment. As I said, it's difficult to
> get access to the raw text on Android without installing some extra
> software. I think I will have to make use of a web server with an upload
> page, and then submit uploaded keys from the server. Or does anyone know
> of a SKS server that accepts file attachments in emails or has a file
> upload page?

Is the attached file an armored key? I don't think the MIME headers for the
attached file will interfere.

Could you try sending such a mail to address@hidden and CC me
on the same mail? Subject ADD

I believe the script I use should handle the attachment just fine. It's only
looking for the armor headers of the key.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"