sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Disunitedstates.com: DB_AUTO_COMMIT may not be specified

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Disunitedstates.com: DB_AUTO_COMMIT may not be specified in non-transactional environment on build
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 02:26:10 -0500

David Benfell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ick. This is proving more difficult than I expected.
>
> Trying to dump the database on the old server yielded some kind of
> database error, with the suggestion to run recovery. I couldn't find
> how to do a recovery, so I just copied the latest dump from
> prato.linux.it instead.

Copying the two DB directories from one machine to the other
is usually sufficient

Recovery: cd to the directory containing the databases

  cd /var/sks                # default location
  for DB in KDB PTree
  do
    db_recover    -eh $DB  # feels extra, some Oracle docs recommend
    db_recover     -h $DB  # run again, this time removing DB env
    db_checkpoint -1h $DB  # checkpoint with old version
    db_archive    -dh $DB  # remove old log files
  done

the db_* commands may be versions, e.g., db5.3_recover, db53_recover

> Now trying to build the database, choosing '2' for the faster sks, I
> get 'DB_AUTO_COMMIT may not be specified in non-transactional
> environment'. I'm not seeing anything useful about this error on the web.

This smells like a bug in fastbuild. Personally, I don't recommend that option
as it requires one to keep the dump that loaded the database around forever.
You get a faster load. You do not get a faster sks.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net