sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Fwd: sks-keyserver unavailable

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Fwd: sks-keyserver unavailable
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:19:51 -0500

On 2013-02-27 at 22:07 +0100, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> OK, finally back home so will look at this over the next few days.
> Thanks for the additional information Phil. I haven't yet been able to
> replicate the problem from my external servers so will have to try to
> figure out a test-case for it over the next few days. keys2 shouldn't
> have any particular firewall setup on 11371 for state matching, it is
> only a standard nginx reverse proxy setup.
>
> Is the problem still persisting on your setup? Otherwise it might've
> been a temporary glitch at my ISP.

I can still reproduce the problem reported by Niels.

% unbound-control local_data hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net. A 84.215.15.221

----------------------------8< cut here >8------------------------------
% gpg2 --keyserver hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net --keyserver-options
verbose,debug,ca-cert-file=${HOME}/.gnupg/CA/sks-keyservers.netCA.pem
--recv-key 08ab4849
gpg: requesting key 0x08AB4849 from hkp server hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpgkeys: curl version = GnuPG curl-shim
Host:           hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
Command:        GET
* HTTP proxy is "null"
* Original HTTP URL is
"http://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&options=mr&search=0x08AB4849";
* SRV tag is "pgpkey-http": URL may be overridden
* HTTP auth is "null"
* HTTP method is GET
* HTTP host:port post-SRV is "hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371"
gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect: End of file
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Packet capture attached.  Note that the capture sees the outbound
packets before checksums are calculated (FreeBSD) so there's a bogus
spurious checksum mismatch on those.  Known longstanding issue.

-Phil