sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] New IP for sks-keyservers.net / DNS Changes

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] New IP for sks-keyservers.net / DNS Changes
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:38:37 +0100

On 01/20/2013 02:13 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 01/18/2013 09:36 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>> On 01/07/2013 09:18 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>
>>> Due to my ISP having been sold to another company I have
>>> received a notification that due to a transfer to a new network
>>> I will receive a new IP address for the server running
>>> sks-keyservers.net later this month.
>
>>> This affects, in particular the DNS operators that are kindly
>>> replicating the DNS records for the pool, that will have to
>>> allow zone transfers from my new IP. All operators should be
>>> BCCed in this email, please consider this a prior warning that
>>> I'm going to publish a new IP to replace 213.161.224.2.
>
>> A bit delayed, but I have now gotten the new IP which will be
>> 37.44.179.12 (if everything goes according to the plan) . I
>> expect to change networks on Sunday 20th of January. Hopefully
>> DNS operators are able to change the master records by then.
>
>> The IPv6 address will stay the same.
>

> This change in IPs has then been effectuated. Please update
> records accordingly and feel free to email me directly if there is
> any question.

Just a quick follow-up on this, as the service is still running on a
limited set of DNS servers after the IP switch.

For the existing DNS operators (BCCed), please update your records to
allow transfers from the new IP address.

If anyone else has the possibility to set up a slave DNS server for
the pool, please contact me off-list.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
- ----------------------------
Anything said in Latin sounds profound
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/