sks-devel

[Sks-devel] SKS-Devel mailing-list and keyserver implementations

From: Phil Pennock
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:39:12 -0500

This is just something pre-emptive, to forestall any complaints that
might arise.

The sks-devel mailing-list is about SKS the protocol as much as SKS the
implementation, and as long as people are seeking SKS-protocol peers
here, we deem it on-topic for folks to do so, no matter which software
they use to run their keyserver.

We're happy to see a second implementation emerging and want reconciling
keyserver operators to feel welcome here.

Should this prove problematic in the future, then we might finally split
off keyserver operations to a new mailing-list open to all, but for the
time being it seems most sensible to have the discussions be where the
operators actually are, so that peers can work through any teething
issues that arise with the introduction of a second implementation.

Regards,
-John, Kristian, Phil & Yaron