sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Apache Traffic and "/pks/hashquery"

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Apache Traffic and "/pks/hashquery"
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:20:17 -0500

On 2013-01-25 at 18:34 +0100, Petru Ghita wrote:
> Something else... On the proxy I *do* require a hostname in order to
> make the redirect, but since the server is not in the pool, and since it
> should only be called by it's full name as in keyserver.sincer.us or by
> it's IP address, it really didn't seem to be an issue. I was thinking
> that if it gets added to the pool, a new redirection line with the pool
> FQN would suffice...

The SKS software does not include a Host: header on the POSTs to
/pks/hashquery so you're currently only pulling keys, not able to
receive them by pushes.

Hostnames required on port 80 is reasonable.  On port 11371, you need to
ensure that the default vhost for no-hostname is mapped to the SKS
backend.

My approach is to pass everything on port 11371 to the SKS backend,
always, and on other ports (80, 443) to pass everything under /pks/ to
the backend.

-Phil