sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] new keyserver

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] new keyserver
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 18:05:06 -0500

On 2012-11-06 at 18:18 +0000, Ronny Wagner wrote:
> I have a new keyserver running and would like to peer with other
> servers. Please add me to your 'membership' file with the following
> entry and provide your details in return so I can do the same:

SKS does not efficiently manage synchronisation from "empty".  You need
to get yourself mostly caught up with a recent dump, so that the
workload you impose on those who peer with you will be minimal.

Your server reports statistics at:
  http://keys-01.licoho.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

and, because it's loaded, the numbers are accurate.  You have 0 keys
loaded.  Peering with you right now is problematic.

I'll re-emphasize what John wrote: you *really* _really_ need to read
the https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering page;
not skim, but read.

Regards,
-Phil