sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Experimental extended cleaning

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: [Sks-devel] Experimental extended cleaning
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 19:38:38 +0100

Hi,

Following up on some earlier posts[0, 1] on the possibility to clean the
output of keys - in particular related to expired signatures from
robo-signers as well as signatures that show up directly on subkeys,
I've implemented an &option=eclean feature that is currently running on
keys2.kfwebs.net - and can be tested on e.g. [2] and [3]. The patch vs
latest trunk is available on [4].

The implementation is in the presentation layer (i.e. get / (v)index)
and not in the data store in order to not cause conflict with the recon
algorithm and the choice of using an eclean option rather than enabling
by default gives client implementation the ability to select the wanted
/ expected data.

Feel free to test!

NB! We have not yet decided if we want to include such a feature in
the mainline source. But in the process of making a decision it is
helpful to determine the complexities involved and any potential effect
on performance following such an implementation.

[0] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2012-05/msg00136.html
[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2012-07/msg00122.html
[2]
https://keys2.kfwebs.net/pks/lookup?search=0xd5920e937cc1e39b&op=vindex&options=eclean
[3]
https://keys2.kfwebs.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xED34CEABE27BAABC&options=eclean
[4]
https://bitbucket.org/kristianf/sks-keyserver-patches/src/tip/CleanOption?at=default
--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
----------------------------
Prævenire melius est quam præveniri
It is better to precede than to be preceded
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/