sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks-keyservers.net: Now in the monkeysphere

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks-keyservers.net: Now in the monkeysphere
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:47:09 +0200

On 08/10/2012 07:34 PM, Gabor Kiss wrote:
>> As an FYI; I've now added HTTPS/TLS support to
>> https://sks-keyservers.net . It is part of the monkeysphere[0], i.e.
>> using a self-signed certificate that can be verified through the Web of
>> Trust of OpenPGP.

> None of them looks like you mentioned.
> Probably I misunderstood something. :-)
> What should I check if I want to verify this connection.
> (AFAIK Opera has no monkeysphere plugin.)

Hi Gabor,

Indeed, I was referring to the certificate of the OpenPGP key, not the
self-signed X.509 certificate , this is, as you correctly state different.

Monkeysphere use the web of trust to determine if the host should be
trusted. You can see http://web.monkeysphere.info/ for more information.

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
----------------------------
Cogito ergo sum
I think, therefore I am
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/