sks-devel

[Sks-devel] sks recon crashes with ptree corruption

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: [Sks-devel] sks recon crashes with ptree corruption
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:45:48 -0400

John Clizbe and I have both had a problem recently with sks recon
crashing in a way that completely borks the PTree/ subdirectory.  If
your sks recon process dies and, upon restarting it, you see this in the
log:

2012-08-10 00:38:56 Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted:
Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element from
prefix tree")
2012-08-10 00:38:57 DB closed

... then you may join the ranks of those affected by this bug.

There is no fix yet, nor do we know exactly what's causing this bug to
manifest.  For now, if your PTree/ subdir gets borked the best way to
proceed is to rebuild the entire PTree/ subdir:

$ rm -rf PTree
$ sks pbuild -cache 20 -ptree_cache 70

I hope that nobody else has hit this bug; but, if so, I hope these
instructions help.