sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver reverse proxy ?

From: Stefano Rivera
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver reverse proxy ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:07:09 +0200

Hi Stephan (2012.07.24_11:51:35_+0200)
> "At the moment it only includes servers running a reverse proxy rather
> than exposing sks directly to the clients."
>
> I understand this as "have a proxy listening on mykeyserver.example.org
> and proxy requests to pool.sks-servers.net", but I can't see the
> benefit. Obviously, I'm getting it completely wrong ;)

It should be a proxy listening on mykeyserver.example.org that proxies
to the sks, which isn't publicly visible.

SKS only handles one request at a time, so if a slow client holds a
request open, the server is unable to fulfil other requests. A proxy can
take over dealing with clients.

See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2012-03/msg00006.html

SR