sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] DisUnitedStates.com down; Re: DB_ENV->set_lk_detect: unk

From: Christoph Egger
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] DisUnitedStates.com down; Re: DB_ENV->set_lk_detect: unknown deadlock detection mode specified
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 00:00:50 +0200

Hi!

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <address@hidden> writes:
>> Backports of newer Berkeley DB "work" too, and likely
>> have some other usage cases than SKS because of bdb+sqlite3 API.
>
> right, this is one other path i considered, but i don't really want to
> have to maintain a bdb backport for the remaining lifetime of squeeze.
> maintaining an sks backport is sufficient for me :)
>
> OTOH, if someone else is eager to responsibly maintain a bdb backport,
> i'd be happy to make the sks backport rely on it.  Any takers?

You could also continue using the 4.6 for the 1.1.3 backport also in use
by 1.1.1 removing the need for one of the upgrades. This shouldn't be
much trouble on the backports package side. I was nearly doing so for my
local "let's try to build the unstable package on stable".

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer