sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] New Keyserver - Looking for Peers (Gremlins have been va

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] New Keyserver - Looking for Peers (Gremlins have been vanquished!)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:51:16 -0500

virii wrote:
>  On 06/18/2012 02:16 AM, PGP-Keymaster (Brian D Heaton) wrote:
>> I see you're running the old v1.1.1 release. Have you considered
>> upgrading to v1.1.3? There are some nice fixes in there. v1.1.4 is
>> still a ways out so stepping up to v1.1.3 is probably a good idea.

1.1.1 isn't all /that/ old. As I've said, chaning SKS release while keeping
the same BDB release is trivial -- install & restart.  Upgrading BDB version
seems scary at first, but is also quite easy, see UPGRADING in the 1.1.3 source.

> Well I'm waiting for the SKS dudes to put the newest version to the
> repos... Cause I know somehow that when I would try to update to version
> 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 I would crash SKS :D

https://bitbucket.org/yminsky/sks-keyserver/downloads/sks-1.1.3.tgz

1.1.3 is stable. As long as you don't change your version of BDB, it's a
drop-in replacement. (Provided you last built with the actual distro and not a
patched one)

> The Tormail issue:
> They changed their domain from tormail.org to tormail.net and I haven't
> changed my PGP/GPG Key yet. But it is the right one ;)

I tried a couple times to respond to your peering request on 30 Mar, but the
mail would not go through. You can get my info from the sample membership file
in the sampleConfig dir that I added for 1.1.3.  I believe I still have yours
and will make certain it's in both sets of my membership files.

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net

                   Cowboy Haiku -- Reflections on Rodeo
So many Cowboys. / Round Wrangler butts drive me nuts. / Never enough rope.