sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Issue Importing Database Dump (Dents in my forehead)

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Issue Importing Database Dump (Dents in my forehead)
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 18:04:55 -0500

Brian D Heaton wrote:
> John,
>
> Short version:  Made the suggested changes and I'm currently bringing in
> keys via "build."  Fingers crossed.
>
> Long version:
> I went back to the 1.1.3 release I tried earlier and implemented your
> other suggestions.  I copied my sksconf from /etc/sks/sksconf into the
> working directory (/var/lib/sks).  I also added the options you
> suggested.  I went with "-n 6" to be a bit more conservative.  This box
> is also a small mailserver.  After seeing some swapping when the
> spam/virus scanners kicked off, I restarted the process with "-n 4".
>
> The DB_CONFIG file I was using was an amalgamation of the sample in the
> source distro and some information I found in the sks-devel archives.  I
> missed that I had the same value twice (set_mp_mmapsize).  Just shows
> the evil that can happen when you've been up too long.  I've moved it
> aside for the moment.  I will revisit that part later.

There's still not a lot of agreement on optimal values to include in
DB_CONFIG. It's still pretty much a black art. Start with the one in the
source. Not sure what else will make a big difference to add.

I'm not sharing any of my better 3:00AM Braino mistakes

> Thanks for the guidance.  I will let this run and post again with
> success or failure.  Once it completes, would you suggest adding the
> DB_CONFIG from the 1.1.3 "sampleConfig" directory to "KDB" before doing
> the cleandb and PTree builds?

I do it as:

  build
  cp DB_CONFIG KDB/
  clean
  pbuild
  cp DB_CONFIG PTree/
  start 'sks db' and 'sks recon'

- -John

- --
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or
     mailto:address@hidden

                   Cowboy Haiku -- Reflections on Rodeo
So many Cowboys. / Round Wrangler butts drive me nuts. / Never enough rope.