sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c cont

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c continuing?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 21:32:37 -0400

On May 30, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Ari Trachtenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> The problem with the second plan is that the potential number of differences
> between hosts could grow quite large, degrading performance.
>
> The easiest solution would be to auto-expire keys after a fixed time
> (a good strategy anyway from a security perspective).

Its the expired robo-signatures on existing pubkeys, not
the pubkeys, that need filtering. There is also a need to
delete pubkeys

Is there a solution that can filter out specific expired
signatures on pub keys that can be gossip'd efficiently?

AFAIK additional certification signatures are accumulated
and the pubkeys are then re-distributed and re-merged.

How should one block distributing a specific pubkey's expired signatures
on all existing pubkeys efficiently?

73 de Jeff