sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS 1.1.3 for Debian

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS 1.1.3 for Debian
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 13:49:33 -0500

Jens Leinenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled SKS 1.1.3. for Debian, but I have a lot of trouble with
> directories.
> SKS seems to set all the files based on the directory configured in the
> basedir variable.
> And a basedir of "." didn't work for me.
>
> So I changed these variables in settings.ml:
>
> let basedir = ref "/var/lib/sks"
>
> let base_dbdir = "/var/lib/sks/DB"
> let base_ptree_dbdir = "/var/lib/sks/PTree"
> let base_membership_file = "/etc/sks/membership"
> let base_mailsync_file = "/etc/sks/mailsync"
> let base_dumpdir = "/var/lib/sks/dump"
> let base_msgdir = "/var/spool/sks/messages"
> let base_failed_msgdir = "/var/spool/sks/failed_messages"
>

> let dbdir = lazy ( base_dbdir )
> let ptree_dbdir = lazy ( base_ptree_dbdir )
> let membership_file = lazy ( base_membership_file )
> let mailsync_file = lazy ( base_mailsync_file )
> let dumpdir = lazy ( base_dumpdir )
> let msgdir = lazy ( base_msgdir )
> let failed_msgdir = lazy ( base_failed_msgdir )
>

> But this solves only a part of the directory trouble as I would have to
> change other directories in other files, too.
> At least for Debian, the logfiles should be in /var/log/sks, sksconf in
> /etc/sks, the diff-files should be in /var/spool/sks.
>
> With the changes of above, all those directories I didn't change are
> still in the basedir....
>
> What am I doing wrong or are the directory settings really spread all
> over those files?
> Can't we just move all these directory settings centralized to sksconf
> or at least to Makefile.local(.unused)?

Jens,

Here's the last Debian source deb I looked at, sks_1.1.1+dpkgv3-7.

I believe the main patch you want is 500_debian_fhs_patch. Debian changes
locations for most of the SKS files, even names in one or two places.

A number of these patches have been rolled up into the mainline code. I would
have accepted this patch if it looked for the configuration files, first in
basedir, then somewhere like /etc/sks.

I've looked at lots of patches. But I quickly pass on those that would break
an existing SKS installation

-John