sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] New Server

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] New Server
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:55:00 +0200

On 07.02.2012 23:28, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> Mike Doty wrote, On 02/07/2012 04:13 AM:
>> Hi All,
>
>> I have a new keyserver running and would like to peer with other
>>  servers. Please add me to your 'membership' file with the
>> following entry and provide your details in return so I can do
>> the same:
>
>> keyserver.uberslacks.com  11370 # Mike Doty 0xA797C7A7
>
>> Thank you.
>

> Hi Mike,
>
> I've added you to the membership file of keys2.kfwebs.net
> keys2.kfwebs.net 11370 # 0x6b0b9508

Hi,

FYI I've committed some changes to sks-keyservers.net in order to use
the reported Hostname of the SKS keyserver rather than the hostname
listed in any given peer list. One of the reasons for this is the
magnitude of aliases in use resulting in multiple occurrences in the
pool list.

Anyhow, since this change, your SKS server will be out of the pool
until a proper FQDN (OK, technically not as there isn't a trailing
dot) hostname is set in the sksconf file. This is currently set to
"services" according to [1, 2], where by i'd expect it to read
"keyserver.uberslacks.com"

[1] http://keyserver.uberslacks.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats
[2] http://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/services

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
- ----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/