sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] simple DoS against SKS's HKP interface :/

From: Johan van Selst
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] simple DoS against SKS's HKP interface :/
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:17:43 +0200

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> Fix?
> ----
> I'm afraid i don't know ocaml at all, so i don't have a proposed fix.
> It seems to be related to the event loop model on the sks db process,
> though.  Looking at it from a system call level: either sks should be
> multi-threaded, or reads from network sockets should be non-blocking,
> and bundled into an aggregate select() statement so that concurrent
> requests can be properly interleaved.

This seems to be the best way forward. Is anybody on this list actually
looking into the suggested solution? Most people here, myself included,
don't seem to be very fluent in OCaml programming. But I would
definately appreciate it if somebody could look into this and come up
with a real fix, rather than best-practice workarounds with reverse
webproxies.

Regards,
Joahn