sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Clocks, timers, PTree and wiki advice

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Clocks, timers, PTree and wiki advice
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:00:39 -0400

On Mar 25, 2012, at 2:07 AM, Phil Pennock wrote:

> On 2012-03-24 at 21:08 -0400, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>> I question the analysis (but not what is observed).
>
> I do too.  I've no idea why this is happening, which is why the summary
> is so vague.  But I'm not an SKS developer.
>
> My best guess, which is *only* a guess and I haven't had time to
> investigate and so I didn't provide it on the page, is that the
> timestamp is being put into a key somewhere, so when you get two events
> with the same time, you have two items in a log and one in the tree and
> the consistency check at the SKS level discovers that one of the two
> logged items isn't in the tree, and things bail on the corruption.
>
> Absent investigating that, I summarised the view expressed on the list
> by those experiencing the problem.

Apologies: I did not meant to blame anyone. I'd just like to see accuracy.

I'm a bit overly sensitive to seeing obscure problems blamed on Berkeley DB.

(aside)
Diagnosing problems given only a "corruption" hint in a problem report
has been at least a weekly experience for me for years because of RPM.

Don't take the comments personally: documenting how to change the time source
in a VM is
a reasonable approach to running SKS in a VM instance.

73 de Jeff