sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks in read-only mode?

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks in read-only mode?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:12:37 +0100

Linus Lüssing wrote:

> I'm actually mostly interested in creating one local database from
> various key servers which I could use for wotsap. And to achieve
> this, I wouldn't need any bidirectional peering, just
> read-only access / unidirectional syncing would be fine for me,
> right?
>
> I couldn't find anything about such a read-only mode in sks. Is such
> a mode non-existent?
>
> Do any of the things I'm talking about make any sense? (Sorry,
> as I said before, I'm kinda new to the pks workings)

It is not very clear what you want to achieve. From what you are
saying I would say that SKS is not intended to be used that way. You
could forbid access to the HKP server port (using some form of
firewalling). That would prevent people from posting keys through your
server. That would also prevent other SKS servers from getting the
keys that you have and that is not very nice.

Why don't you want to run a normal server?
--
Kim Minh.