sks-devel

[Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 02:17:56 -0400

Folks,

After seeing Samir's suggested index.html page, I decided to make a few
updates to my own.  It's a nasty competitive streak that sometimes comes
to the fore.

http://sks.spodhuis.org/

The page was already HTML5, but now, most significantly, if using a
browser which supports drag&drop with desktop interaction, then you can
drag an ASCII-armored PGP keyfile into the upload box and the contents
will be automatically uploaded.  If it's not ASCII-armored, the
placeholder text is updated.

Other, lesser, changes:
 * placeholder text
 * use "search" type for the search input box, so you get "x" controls
   on some browsers, more useful on mobile devices perhaps
 * use html5 autofocus instead of javascript autofocus, if the former is
   available

Anyone's free to copy my setup, including CSS and JS.  There's a comment
in the JS which asks for notification -- that's only for the logic which
auto-populates the list of servers in the drop-down box, since it hits a
web endpoint on my box.  (That's something I added in December; I think
I mailed the list at the time).

-Phil