sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] cant build ptree cache

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] cant build ptree cache
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:42:43 -0400

On 2011-07-10 at 12:26 -0600, Ryan wrote:
> never mind... ran cleandb and that error went away.. back to the original
> error, no useful info from gdb
>
> (gdb) run pbuild -cache 20 -ptree_cache 70
> Starting program: /usr/sbin/sks pbuild -cache 20 -ptree_cache 70
> Fatal error: exception Invalid_argument("char_of_int")
>
> Program exited with code 02.

Crazy idea: make sure SKS is run under LC_ALL=C ?  Or
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 ?

Most situations I know of for char/int conversion errors which only
affect some people relate to charset issue.

At this point, I'm inclined to suspect that your DB was built in a UTF-8
locale, got some characters mapped to code-points > 256, but is then
running in a locale where those codes don't exist.  So you might need
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 to get the data back.

Not sure why nobody else has seen this, unless you're using newer
library versions than everyone else and one of the libraries' authors
has decided to implement cleverness.

-Phil