sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large

From: Matthew Palmer
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 peering; keydumps annoyingly large
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 15:19:52 +1000

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 09:47:59AM -0500, John Clizbe wrote:
> Why the need to wait for Blu-Ray burners? DL-DVD writers are available for
> <$40,
> and as pointed 8GB USB sticks are under $10. Note: Whatever the choice, all
> the
> dump files _must_ be in one directory (no splitting to two DVDs).

The dump files need to be in the same directory for *transport*?  What
happens, do they get lonely and die without all their brethern beside them?
The context in which I suggested splitting the keydump over several DVDs was
sneakernet transport of a dump to a new location, not ongoing operation.

At any rate, though, looking through sks_build.sh, a normalbuild doesn't
appear to need all the keyfiles together (it just takes a list of keyfiles
to import), and anyone who would run a fastbuild off a DVD and then
effectively run the keyserver database off a DVD would need to have their
head examined.

- Matt