sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Yet another SKS gossip request

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Yet another SKS gossip request
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:22:26 -0800

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Phil Pennock wrote:

> On 2011-02-20 at 10:20 -0800, David Benfell wrote:
> > To borrow the boilerplate from http://www.keysigning.org/sks/ :
> >
> > I have a new keyserver running and would like to peer with other
> > servers. Please add me to your 'membership' file with the following
> > entry and provide your details in return so I can do the same:
> >
> > cybernude.org 11370 # David Benfell 0xFBEC617D
>
> Your server doesn't appear to be listening for queries, as there's
> nothing on:
>   http://cybernude.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

Finding first one set of directions, and only after that, another,
it only slowly became apparent to me that I had set up the database
incorrectly, in a way that would make it suicidal for anyone to peer
with me because we would both devote our entire bandwidth to
updating my site for however long it would take.  Not one of my
better ideas.

I've started again, but this process is slow without any way for me
to forecast how long it will take.  I'm guessing this leads many
people to choose the fastbuild option--I didn't.

I've been holding off posting a notice to the list because I hoped
it would finish sooner.  Wrong again.

As soon as it finishes, I'll post another note.

Thanks!

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/