sks-devel

[Sks-devel] keyserver.pramberger.at terminating

From: Peter Pramberger
Subject: [Sks-devel] keyserver.pramberger.at terminating
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:45:07 +0200

Hi all,

bad news today, at least for me:

Several weeks ago I got a complaint from a user getting his old PGP key
removed from my keyserver. He got the usual answer in such cases, but
unfortunately wasn't accepting it. Instead he insisted on his right to get the
key removed, in accordence to the Austrian Data Protection Act (DSG 2000).

During the last weeks I was seeking legal advise, but unfortunately this is
more a corner case, with rather different opinions. Nevertheless there are
indications that it can be applied in this case. As I'm not willing to wait
for any legal action, I've decided to act accordingly and finally terminate my
keyserver by Sep, 15th.

Therefore I'm asking all my peers to remove keyserver.pramberger.at from their
peering list until the mentioned date, which are currently:

   keyserver.noreply.org
   pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de
   pks.aaiedu.hr
   minbari.maluska.de
   gpg-keyserver.de
   keyserver.stack.nl
   keyserver.linux.it
   ice.mudshark.org
   keys.thoma.cc
   keyserver.gingerbear.net
   pgp.webtru.st
   keyserver.pki.scientia.net
   alpha.keyserver.ws
   delta.keyserver.ws
   keyserver.ccc-hanau.de
   keyserver.nijkamp.net
   keyserver.schokokeks.org
   keys.rpm5.org
   keys.pmman.com
   barbadine.canonical.com
   esperanza.canonical.com

Second, there are several resources on the web pointing to it. In case any
maintainer is reading this, please remove all references to any of these:

   http://keyserver.pramberger.at(/network/)
   http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/(network/)
   ftp://ftp.pramberger.at/services/keyserver/keydump/
   mailto:address@hidden

For all others I'll try to locate and contact them individually.

Thx and br,
Peter