sks-devel

[Sks-devel] seeking peers for keyserver.durcheinandertal.ch

From: Gaudenz Steinlin
Subject: [Sks-devel] seeking peers for keyserver.durcheinandertal.ch
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 21:03:34 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking for peers for my shiny new keyserver installation.

I am running SKS version 1.1.1 on a private KVM instance on my own
server. The server is located in Zürich (Switzerland) at Init7
(http://www.init7.net). I currently don't have IPv6 connectivity but
since Init7 operates one of sixxs.net's PoPs I hope to get IPv6 soon.

I have used a keydump from ftp.prato.linux.it dated 2010-09-01. I
currently have 2860733 keys loaded.

The keyserver is primarily intended to enlarge the group of hkps
capable keyservers. The server listens on port 443 for TLS
connections. The certificate is signed by CA Cert and by my OpenPGP
keys (for use with monkeysphere).

I would be interested to build up a pool of TLS enabled SKS servers
with others. To my knowledge there are currently only two other such
servers (zimmermann.mayfirst.org and keys.indymedia.org). The main
problem to solve for this is how to issue certificates for the servers
belonging to the pool. Do others have any ideas on this?

To use hkps with gnupg you need to build gnupg with libcurl support.
On Debian systems this is included in the gnupg-curl package.

I'm currently missing a index.html file for my server. I noticed that
most servers use the same template. Is this available somewhere for
download?

Please contact me directly if you are willing to peer. You won't be
able to connect to port 11370 until your ip is whitelisted in my
firewall rules. The usual hkp client port is open for everyone.

Thanks,
Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.