sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks build times

From: Jeff Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks build times
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:39:55 -0400

On May 12, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:

> It should be but I am not sure what kind of gain you'd expect.

The gain is not in performance, but rather "referential integrity"
and a simpler easier to maintain data store w/o a key dump.

The KDB store is tied to one specific key dump.

(aside)
There's another conscious design choice related to "referential intergrity"
splitting the PTRee from the KDB store. Both stores must be maintained
in parallel (or the PTree store must be rebuilt when/as needed).

But -fastbuild (what I use) performs quite well, and the PTree store can
be rebuilt if/when needed, and a new keydump can be loaded whenever, gud enuf.

73 de Jeff