sks-devel

[Sks-devel] thinking of running an sks server

From: Robert Goldsmith
Subject: [Sks-devel] thinking of running an sks server
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 17:00:28 +0000

Hi all :)

I'm considering running an sks server as one of many services I have setup on 2
very low spec VPS setups. I currently use them for email, dns, caldav, ebmail,
web, web development and a few other bits so they are reasonably busy but as a
long-time gpg user and developer I'd love to be able to contribute to the
keyserver pool as well.

I would really like to know a few technical details such as how much disk
space, cpu and ram a keyserver would likely use and then also whether there are
already a large number of servers situated in the UK (where I am based). If the
UK has a lot of servers already I see less benefit to running my own :)

Any and all thoughts much appreciated :)

Robert
---
GnuPG public key:
http://www.Far-Blue.co.uk