sks-devel

Re: Fwd: [Sks-devel] Adding DB_INIT_LOCK to sks-keyserver (revisited)

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Sks-devel] Adding DB_INIT_LOCK to sks-keyserver (revisited)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:25:40 +0000

Jeff Johnson writes:

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:01 PM, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
>
>> Jeff Johnson:
>>
>>> The PTree deadlock is easily reproduced, and (with db_stat) a
>>> detailed deadlock diagnosis could be attempted.
>>
>> How would that be?
>>

> Deadlock diagnosis is described in chapter 11 here:
>

> http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/programmer_reference/index.html

Ah, my question was too vague: how would you reproduce easily the
deadlock?  Do you have a procedure that I can follow an be sure to hit
this deadlock?  If so please describe it, I'll see if I can do anything
about it.

>> As part of recovering from the deadlock, some of the indices were
>> damaged (checked using db_verify). The fixup for that is
>>      db_dump ... | db_load ...
>> However, db_dump has no guarantee of preserving all data, its just "best
>> effort".
>> In my case, the data loss showed up with a DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND, which (because
>> it
>> was easiest) led to a full reload of the database from a dump.

Does that mean that db_recover did not work?  That's what I would use.

--
Kim Minh