sks-devel

[Sks-devel] New IP - keyserver.gingerbear.net

From: John Clizbe
Subject: [Sks-devel] New IP - keyserver.gingerbear.net
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:41:20 -0500

Sep 2nd around 0120 (US/Central) my ISP did maintenance work and moved my
neighborhood to a new IP block.

This past Saturday (23:25), the pwr supply on my router died and when I had the
backup in place and operational, I DHCPed a new IP. Each time the dynamic IP
monitoring s/w on my machine caught the change and updated the DNS provider
within a few minutes.

Since the most recent update, 1/3 of my peers have the new address and are
synchronizing. A bit more than 1/2 had updated when the second change happened.

I've made a list of servers which haven't had a reconciliation with mine since
the address changes.  If your server is in the list below, would you please
touch your membership file so SKS will reload addresses and pick up the new
address?

As a longer-term fix, please consider adding 'reload_membership_interval:' to
sksconf and specifying some number of hours for SKS to automatically reload
address data.

Best regards,

John

Missing from recon since first or second addr change:

keyserver.nyfnet.net
sks.pkqs.net
keys.keysigning.org
keyserver.fr
sks.karotte.org
sks.es.net
key.adeti.org
keys.riverwillow.net.au
u-172-c169.cs.uni-tuebingen.de
pgp.mit.edu
keys.wuschelpuschel.org
diffie.surfnet.nl
keys.niif.hu
bazon.ru
keyserver.novomundo.com.br
www.mainframe.cx
keyserver.pki.scientia.net

Long-term MIA:

keys2.kfwebs.net
sks.dnsalias.net
keys.nayr.net
sks.nanofortnight.org
pgp.f4.htw-berlin.de
keyserver.rainydayz.org
ice.mudshark.org

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or