sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Re: Improving the SKS development model

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: [Sks-devel] Re: Improving the SKS development model
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:02:49 -0400

One other note: I finally cut a 1.1.1 release.  It is on the google code site.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Yaron Minsky <address@hidden> wrote:
As y'all have no doubt have noticed, I haven't had a ton of time to spend on SKS development of late.  But people on the list have started filling the gap, coming up with various patches to improve things.  I think we need to get a more organized development model to make it easier to put together releases and keep track of what's going on, and I think Jason's proposal is the right one: we should use mercurial for sharing development rather than just passing patches around.

If people would put up public hg repos containing their patches and emailed me when they thought they were ready for inclusion in the mainline, I would be happy to manage the process of pulling that in and of cutting releases.

So, what do people think?

A couple of other small changes I'm contemplating: start using google code as the hosting site for the main sks repository, and for other things like issue tracking and a wiki.  I've done the very basic setup, and you can find the site here:

   http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/