sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] key indexing weirdness

From: Peter Pramberger
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] key indexing weirdness
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 01:49:48 +0200

Jonathon Weiss schrieb am 05.08.2009 23:32:
> It was pointed out to me that searching for the full name associated
> with key 0xF5832DD7C85CC5AD did not find the key, though searching for
> just the first name did.  Actually searching for just the last name
> seems to fail too.  The random 2 other SKS servers I checked seem to
> have the same problem too.  Any idea what would cause this?

Interesting, I can reproduce the problem.

While looking at the key, I noticed that it has only one uid without any email
address on it.

There is another key with the same characteristics: 0x1afcb4e4bc443d55. If you
search for its full name, you get only one result; but not the given one.
Leave the last word out, and you get both. Coincidence?

Br,
Peter