sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS Keyserver on Debian Etch

From: Leonhard Kugler
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS Keyserver on Debian Etch
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:15:36 +0200

> Just to check: your subject line says "Debian Etch", but your comments
> suggest that you are running lenny.  Are you running a mixture?  Or is
> the subject line out of date?
you are right , i switched to lenny because of better version support
for ocaml and barkley db

> I recommend trying this in a clean lenny install (or in a clean lenny
> chroot, if you don't have spare hardware for the task).

I do have a clean install of lenny , but it is a virtual server (Virtual
Box)

I Just started to get through the whole process again, on a real
hardware with a debian etch, using the ocaml and barkley db from the
apt-get sources and compiling the sks-1.0.10 by hand.

maybe there are problems with virtual server instances ?

so I have two servers now running :

Debian Lenny with Ocaml, Barkley, SKS from the sources (Virtual Machine)

Debian Etch with Ocaml, Barkley (4.2) from the sources and sks-1.0.10