sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] [CONTRIB] sks.pod text for enabling IPv6

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] [CONTRIB] sks.pod text for enabling IPv6
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:30:43 -0400

2009/3/30 Phil Pennock <address@hidden>
If I cared more for the O'Caml language than I do, I'd look into
contributing back patches to the language maintainers to solve this
problem.  But that doesn't solve the immediate problem, unless an SKS
release will be delayed pending a new language compiler release and time
for everyone to move across to it.

For what it's worth, we could just wrap up the C functions using OCaml's FFI.  That's how I got bdb support in there.  I'm not saying it's necessarily worth the effort, but it is distinctly doable.  OCaml is a good UNIX citizen and allows one to use C functions without too much pain.

Certainly no need to wait for the next compiler release to use those functions.