sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] problems with SKS 1.0.10 when searching by key ID from G

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] problems with SKS 1.0.10 when searching by key ID from GnuPG
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:12:28 -0400

On 03/23/2009 07:05 PM, John Clizbe wrote:
> David Shaw wrote:
>> None that I know of.  Eventually, such a thing will be necessary, but
>> it would have to be done via whoever controls the particular keyserver
>> round-robin.
>
> Or convince the keyserver operators running 1.0.10 to upgrade to 1.1.0
> or 1.1.1 (if it's released by then)

I think David's point was that if at least one keyserver operator
refuses to be convinced, then such a mechanism may be the only way to
deal with the situation.

> Folks may be holding back from upgrading because they don't want to
> upgrade their Berkeley DB version to 4.6.

That does sound unpleasant.  Who on the list has done this process?  Has
anyone documented the necessary steps?  Having clear documentation might
make such an event less intimidating, and encourage upgrades to
less-buggy versions.

        --dkg