sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] debian sks start from init file fails

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] debian sks start from init file fails
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:42:46 -0400

On 03/13/2009 01:09 PM, Andy Ruddock wrote:
> If the Debian install is anything like the Ubuntu one, then the pid
> files are stored in /var/run/sks/sksdb.pid & /var/run/sks/sksrecon.pid.
> The problem is that /var/run is mounted as a temporary filesystem and
> the sks sub-directory doesn't exist.

Yeah, that sounds like a bug in the SKS package.  I notice you've
reported it against the ubuntu package a couple months ago.  thanks!

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sks/+bug/313684

> You'll need to create the /var/run/sks directory, and set its owner to
> debian-sks before starting the daemons.
>
> I documented it here :
>
> http://tinyurl.com/az9w2h

I think you mean here:

http://www.rainydayz.org/index.php?view=article&id=60

(i prefer not to use URL obfuscators in public archives.  they often
don't age well)

There should be documentation about how to get sks started up under
debian in:

 /usr/share/doc/sks/README.Debian

hth,

        --dkg