sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 and GPG

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] IPv6 and GPG
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:53:09 -0700

On 2009-03-10 at 12:52 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> It wouldn't be linked to gpg.  It would be linked to the HKP "helper",
> gpgkeys_hkp.  GPG calls a different handler for each keyserver type
> (HKP, LDAP, HTTP, etc).

Thanks.

> As it happens, this is actually part of the next release:
>
> $ /usr/local/libexec/gnupg/gpgkeys_hkp --version
> gpgkeys_hkp (GnuPG) 1.4.10-svn4878
> Uses: libcurl/7.18.2 NSS/3.12.2.0 zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.14 libssh2/0.18

Neat.  :)

> If you really need to know what IP is being used, add
> "keyserver-options debug"" to your config file.  That tells the engine
> (either curl or the internal engine) to print each IP it tries during
> a key operation.

Thanks, that's what I really needed, just a way to test that the client
was using IPv6 from DNS AAAA records and that it was succeeding.

Note that this appears to be undocumented; keyserver-options verbose is
documented but didn't help.  (I happen to have:
  keyserver-options no-auto-key-retrieve,verbose
set in my config and repeating verbose didn't up the level enough to
give IPs).

-Phil