sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS Key Server

From: Venkatesh Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS Key Server
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:57:50 -0400

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:43:24AM +1100, Jonathan Oxer wrote:
On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 13:00 -0500, John Clizbe wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any chance of getting the Wiki pages rehosted?
Getting the keydump was the easy part. The wiki docs were needed for the loading
and configuration.

I'm just going through the process of setting up a keyserver myself and
found it quite painful trying to piece together bits of info from the
mailing list archives and various archived wiki pages. Because I was
building on Dapper the normal process failed for me (db-4.1 isn't
available on Ubuntu anymore) so I had to change a couple of minor things
but other than that things went smoothly - it was just trying to find
docs that was frustrating.

So mostly for my own future reference I've put some of the steps online
at

http://www.keysigning.org/sks/

Maybe it'll be useful for other people too. I haven't finished fleshing
it out yet but the main sequence is there, and I'd appreciate any
corrections from people who (unlike me) actually know what they're
doing.

Hey,

We tried to set up a new wiki for sks at
http://pgp.acm.jhu.edu/sks/wiki.pl

There is very little content there right now, but I'm working on turning
my notes while setting up and running pgp.acm.jhu.edu into something
useful.

Hope this might help,
--
-vs
The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.